• Ability to maintain and repair satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, videotape systems, routers, intercoms, monitors and other distribution and production equipment associated with a broadcast television and radio station.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and manuals.
• Compliant with required safety and technical standards.
• Five (5) years’ experience in broadcast television and radio.
• Associate’s degree in electronics and/or completion of a certificate program in electronics from an accredited technical institute.
• Computer proficiency in hardware, software and networking.
• Proficient in test equipment for use in installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast systems.
Skills and Abilities:
• Skill in interpreting and diagnosing operational/technical equipment problems.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including mornings, nights and weekends.
• Remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art broadcast engineering technology.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
WQED Pittsburgh has a proud history of honors, including 161 National and Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Awards, an Academy Award, and many, many others, including three Emmy® Awards for Station Excellence. WQED was founded in 1954 as the nation’s first community-supported broadcaster. WQED changes lives by creating and sharing outstanding public media that educates, entertains, and inspires. It is the pare...nt company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED Create; WQED World; WQED Showcase; WQED PBS KIDS Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; Classical WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; the Pittsburgh Concert Channel at WQED-HD2 (89.3-2FM) and online at www.wqed.org/fm; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org) and iQ: smartmedia, WQED’s Educational initiative (www.wqed.org/edu).