The Senior Telecommunications Service Desk Analyst role is to provide support for a broad range of technical areas across MSU IT with a special focus on telephone systems, unified communications, radio and cable television services. This analyst will identify relevant telecommunications services information to support and resolve customer incidents and requests including Moves Adds Changes (MAC). Will also serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point for complex telecommunication services and liaison with service owners and the IT Service Desk for knowledge management and staff training. Further responsibilities include:
- Assist service desk analysts with appropriate support and escalation for reported incidents and requests of higher complexity
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules to ensure that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours.
- Act as a focal point for disseminating communications about telecommunication services and policies among service desk staff.
- Represent the Service Desk on projects and at meetings.
- Identify needs related to training, documentation, and technical issues.
- Conduct training and awareness sessions, train new service desk staff members in service desk operating procedures, mentor service desk analysts.
- Liaising with change management and performing briefings to Service Desk staff on changes or deployments that may affect capacity at the Service Desk.
- Provide appropriate communications and turnover for long running incidents as needed.
- Assist with actions to improve Service Desk services as requested.
- Act as liaison between customer and user groups to support them in jointly resolving incidents.
- Consult with peers on technical issues pertaining to all systems and applications.
- Audit Incident Management Database to ensure all incidents are accurately logged and categorized.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience with telecommunication services to include PBX administration for Moves, Adds, Changes and moderately complex programming to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent telecommunications end-point troubleshooting skills; knowledge of and experience with Avaya Communication Manager and Avaya Aura Messaging or other enterprise communication systems; technical proficiency with Microsoft and MAC operating systems and Microsoft Office suite; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users and leadership; strong writing and verbal skills; experienced in use of Service Desk ticketing management software; demonstrate a high level of customer relationship skills to include professional telephone etiquette, interpersonal, and customer service focus.
HDI® Support Center Analyst Certification
HDI Support Center Team Lead Certification
ITIL® Foundation Level certification
Avaya System Administration (Moves, Adds, Changes) experience
Required Application Materials
Bidding eligibility ends on 12/19/2017 at 11:55 PM
Internal Number: 480601
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.