Broadcasting, Service Support, Technical Engineering
4 Year Degree
The Faculty of Communication & Design (FCAD) is home to nine leading schools in media and the creative industries. For seven decades, our unique programs have been at the heart of the evolution of the creative industries.
We offer a premier education, while allowing our students and faculty the freedom to question social norms and to become leaders in the creative fields. We take on challenges beyond the imagined and immerse ourselves in worlds that explore design and storytelling.
Responsibilities of a Broadcast IT Technologist: Participates in the design, integration, installation, documentation of media production and broadcast systems, including maintenance and repair of the associated equipment for the applicable Faculty of Communication & Design programs of Ryerson University.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in Media Broadcast Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of relevant work experience providing technical support in a production/broadcast environment, including all IT based components. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge in design and installation of media production based facilities (e.g. TV studios, audio mixing facilities and post-production facilities, audio/video over IP networks) is required.
- Strong installation skills are required in order to deal with issues relating to cabling and termination, soldering, equipment install and general mechanical skills (e.g. use of hand power tools).
- Ability to troubleshoot high level technical issues involving media equipment, broadcast and production facilities, production software and IP infrastructure.
- A demonstrated commitment to client service specifically students, staff, faculty and external contacts. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, diplomacy, sensitivity and demonstrated professionalism are required to facilitate resolution to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team-member; strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and flexibility are required to effectively prioritize and ensure completion of assigned work, to change priorities as the need arises and to work overtime as required by the demands of the position.
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation University. It is a distinct urban University with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship and with a mission and long-standing commitment to serve and engage its campus and its surrounding communities. As employers, we are working towards a people first culture as ref...lected through the several awards and recognition that the University has been highlighted for. Awards includes the 2016 Canada's Best Diversity Employers Award and recognition such as the GTA’s Top Employers.
Ryerson University is known for innovative programs built on the integration of theoretical and practically-oriented learning. More than 95 undergraduate and graduate programs are distinguished by a professionally focused curriculum and strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, research and creative activities. Ryerson is also a leader in adult learning, with the largest university-based continuing education school in Canada.