Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.
The Guest Experience Director is responsible for planning, directing and managing all functions, operational plans and team members of the Guest Experience department. Reporting to the Assistant GM-Guest Experience and Events, this role is also responsible for leading the delivery of ChampionSHIP service for every guest at Rogers Place.
We are seeking a collaborative leader with a demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate teams to an increased level of performance. This leader will build and foster relationships with cross-functional partners (premium services team, box office, security) and communicate in an engaging, impactful manner. The successful candidate will lead organizational and cultural change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into the business.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
• Lead the implementation of the OEG University Service Excellence Principles and ChampionSHIP service model throughout Rogers Place and OEG
• Partners with Human Resources to lead the continued development and implementation of the OEG RockStars Recognition Program and other team appreciation programs
• Identify new and proven methods of guest experience, crowd management and training to ensure preparedness of the venue team and the safety and comfort of fans
• Act as the voice of the guest in all strategic initiatives, event planning and business operations. Be the role model for service excellence across all departments
• In partnership with the OEG Business Intelligence department, evaluate service excellence through the use of survey’s, secret shopper program and focus groups to allow for continuous improvement and strategic decision making
• Lead a best in class venue wide service recovery program complete with standards, training programs and use of analytics
• Build and implement a new Rogers Place Public Tour Program • Develop, implement and continuously evaluate venue guest experience programs and front of house standard operating procedures
• Oversee the development of the department operating budget and manage expenditures throughout the fiscal year including forecast and analyzing labor costs
• Partners and collaborates with all other venue team members to execute events
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years front of house management experience preferably in a sports/live entertainment or premier hotel venue
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Strong orientation towards hospitality/guest experience
• Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a large team
• Dynamic, energetic personality with a desire to coach and mentor all team members
• Ability to manage, coach and effectively supervise others
• Solid ability to work well under pressure
• Handle an annual operating budget
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates... one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.