APPLICATIONDEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by April 12, 2017. Second consideration may be given to applications received by April 26, 2017. Applications received subsequent to second consideration (April 26, 2017) may not be given full consideration ________________________________________________________________________________
Maintain, install and implement information technology systems. Operate mobile live video streaming systems for scheduled events. Provide generalized support to customers. Work as a member of a project team involving other support staff, as needed. Work under close supervision of a manager or a project leader. Update and maintain web sites for delivery of live video stream. Upload, edit and deliver video presentations using the video management platform.
Plan, setup and perform video live streaming and perform post-production services as required. Edit and upload video product and upload supplemental content.
Provide generalized technical consultation and support to customers and maintain communication to ensure effective event streaming.
Develop knowledge of several media platforms and software applications supporting the creation of digital media.
Provide workshop style presentations and online technical documentation to support staff and others. Evaluate products and services. Prepare and present reports.
Under the direction of the project leader, assist in hiring and training student staff.
Implement, maintain and document operating system software and/or applications software and hardware as directed by management or project team leaders.
Work collaboratively with other IT staff or specific College/Department staff.
Work a non-standard schedule in order to fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities. Respond to technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
Work at URI special events including TV Studio, as assigned.
Work weekends in support of special events, as needed.
Event support may require a live stream to be originated from any one of the URI campuses, or an off-campus location.
As part of training, perform functions normally assigned to a Senior Information Technologist, although to a lesser extent.
Maintain a high level of understanding of current developments in live streaming techniques including, but not limited to: audio switching, video switching, classroom capture systems and media streaming services and anticipate future needs.
Perform other duties as required.
Digital editing and special effects software, digital storage formats, and playback equipment; digital cameras and switchers; audio, lighting and presentation systems, wired and wireless microphones, audio mixers; Personal computers, mobile devices, printers and word processing, database management, spreadsheet software, video management system, learning management system, social media, and other instructional technologies. Must be able to lift forty pounds; use a ladder to access ceiling-mounted equipment; climb stairs; stand for long periods during events; Must have current Driver's License and access to transportation. Strictly adhere to electrical and all other pertinent safety standards.
1. Bachelor’s degree or a combination of post-secondary education and four years professional experience with live streaming.
2. Either one years' experience streaming live video in a professional or academic environment or two years’ experience providing digital media services (including as a student employee).
3. Demonstrated experience editing video.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with media file standards (such as: QT, AVI, MP3, MP4, WAV, MPEG).
5. Demonstrated familiarity with live video switching.
6. Demonstrated experience setting up, monitoring and breaking down audio and lighting equipment.
8. Demonstrated familiarity with network concepts.
9. Demonstrated experience with Windows and Macintosh personal computers.
10. Demonstrated customer service skills.
11. Demonstrated attention to detail.
12. Demonstrated collaborative work style.
13. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
14. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
15. Demonstrated ability to interpret and adhere to institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, regulations, and standards and communicate that interpretation to others.
16. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated experience with multiple media streaming platforms.
2. Demonstrated experience with MediaSite live video streaming equipment or Wordpress content management system.
3. Demonstrated experience in studio production, field production and post-production.
4. Demonstrated experience with live video switching and managing multiple cameras.
5. Demonstrated experience with wireless audio and lighting setup in a variety of settings (including both indoor and outdoor.)
ALLREQUIREMENTSARESUBJECT TO POSSIBLEMODIFICATION TO REASONABLYACCOMMODATEINDIVIDUALSWITHDISABILITIES.
Status : Calendar Year, Full-time, Limited
Union: PTAA - Professional/Tech/Admin Assoc
Pay Grade Level: 10
Pay Rate Detail: $47,818 - $63,644
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter, (#2) Resume, and (#3) “Other Document” the names and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.
The University of Rhode Island is the State’s public learner-centered research university. We are a community joined in a common quest for knowledge. The University is committed to enriching the lives of its students through its land, sea, and urban grant traditions. URI is the only public institution in Rhode Island offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students the distinctive educa...tional opportunities of a major research university. Our undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, research, and outreach serve Rhode Island and beyond. Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are united in one common purpose: to learn and lead together. Embracing Rhode Island ’s heritage of independent thought, we value:•Creativity and Scholarship•Diversity, Fairness, and Respect•Engaged Learning and Civic InvolvementIntellectual and Ethical Leadership