Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Department of Architecture, Design and Construction invites applications for a full-time Instructional Aide A, beginning Fall 2018.
This full-time, 12-month position reports to the Department Head of the Architecture, Design and Construction Department, and provides assistance to students and faculty from the ART and ADC Departments using technology in the ART and ADC Technology Computer Lab and throughout the ADC and ART Departments.
• Demonstrate software expertise in Adobe Creative Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in particular, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, 3D StudioMax.
• Daily management and maintenance of support devices, including but not limited to, Large Format Printer, Large Format 24" Paper Rolls, 3D Printer, and 2D Cutter.
• Assist students with tutoring, printing, and software file trouble-shooting.
• Run software instructional workshops.
• Support all departmental printing needs.
• Manage/update displays of student work in both departments.
• Provide oversight of work-study students when applicable.
• Facilitate training sessions for computer lab student workers.
• Maintain the lab in a neat and organized fashion to facilitate use by its patrons.
• Maintain the printing capability of all classrooms, either directly or indirectly through the supervision of student workers.
• Maintain inventory of printing supplies.
• Attend to routine maintenance of both software and hardware within both departments, by performing minor troubleshooting and repair or reporting malfunctioning equipment to the Help Desk.
• Maintain records of equipment repair and reporting for systems within both departments.
• Attend college-wide and departmental meetings as appropriate.
• Special projects as assigned by the Department Head of the ADC Department.
• May require a modified schedule that would best serve the students, such as M/W/F 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Tue/Thu 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
• May include paid teaching opportunities.
• Qualified applicants must have a High School Diploma.
• Advanced level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in particular, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, 3D StudioMax.
• Experience in providing assistance in a customer-service environment.
• Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of computer software applications.
• Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in adapting to the needs of a changing program.
Bachelor's Degree preferred, possible majors include Architecture, Interiors, Graphic Arts, Digital Media, Fine Arts.
Work Location Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Work examples from required software packages required.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
BACK TO TOP
SMPTE Career Central is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else SMPTE Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at SMPTE Career Central.