QSC is looking for a Technical Product Manager, Cinema (Networked Systems) to drive product strategy and execution for the Q-SYS, Cinema Media Server, Control and ADA Product categories within the Cinema Business Unit of QSC. This role exists within the Cinema product management team, which is also responsible for Amplifiers, Loudspeakers & other related product categories. The Cinema product management team works collaboratively to develop concepts for new product development within the QSC Cinema Business Unit. The Technical Product Manager, Cinema (Networked Systems) will be a key part of the Cinema Core Team which includes Hardware/Software Development team leadership and will work in a highly collaborative way with other product managers and technical directors co-managing the Q-SYS Platform development.
The ideal candidate will be a Product Owner with both technical and business savvy, working internally and externally to identify market and product requirements, defining and communicating user needs and use cases to engineering and ultimately is responsible for delivery of the roadmap for the networked products category. In addition, the position is responsible for marketing content development, communicating the capabilities and advantages (the selling proposition) of our solutions to internal staff; Executives, Sales, Marketing, and Support, and external stakeholders; System Integrators (dealers), System Designers (consultants) and QSC Channel Partners and maintaining close collaboration between Cinema and Q-SYS development teams.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.S.E.E. or B.A. or 10 years of experience in technical marketing, advanced applications engineering, technical end user, sr. sales or technical product management – preferably within Cinema server or audio processor fields.
- Deep experience (minimum 10 years) in the professional cinema industry as a manufacturer, installer, consultant, end user or marketer of professional cinema products.
- A demonstrated history of successfully contributing to new product development and Product Management discipline
- Specialized integration knowledge of cinema media servers, audio processors, control networks (TMS and NOC) and Closed Captioning systems
- Specialized knowledge of the Global Cinema sales channel and understanding of customer relationships such as end users, dealers, and installers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with Adobe
- Creative Suite very desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and achieves insight into user requirements and applications. Frequent focused discussion and interaction with end users, installers, system designers and channel partners within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Q-SYS systems and Cinema core teams to conceive new product/feature/function ideas, and champions their development.
- Product Ownership; creates and maintains the market and technical product requirements and business case documents required for proposed and underway development programs.
- Owns business case creation and communication to the Cinema core team and stakeholders.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of competitive products’ functionality and is able to effectively articulate our value proposition over the competition.
- Attends trade shows, regional and global events, sales events and meetings, dealer events, and other related activities to demonstrate and communicate the Cinema product value propositions.
- Drives market communications and training material development with content and direction.
- Willingness to travel. Approximately 25 - 30% travel required, including International travel.
- Leadership / Influencer: A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others in a team environment.
- Vision and insight: Must have insight into market needs and be able to create and communicate product vision and roadmaps to meet these market needs.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate in an effective and compelling manner in real-time and in writing.
- Planning: Must be able to think ahead, develop comprehensive launch plans and set short and long-term goals.
- Management: Must have the ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple priorities. Must be comfortable working in a matrix management environment with multi-functional teams.
-Teamwork: Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and collaborate with a core development team.
- Financial: Must be sufficiently proficient to create, maintain and understand the business case for assigned products.
- Technology: Must have a deep understanding of digital cinema, DSP, networking and control technologies/applications. This is Technical Product Manager position, and the successful individual will have the technical acumen and skills to translate business ideas into technical requirements.
Internal Number: 01247
About QSC, LLC
Founded nearly five decades ago, QSC, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacture of professional audio/video system solutions. With power amplification, loudspeaker, digital signal processing (DSP) and digital mixer engineering resources all located under one roof, QSC uniquely leverages these technologies to deliver products and systems that far outperform the sum of their parts - providing compelling solutions for professional installed, portable, production and cinema sound customers worldwide.
QSC expertise is also evident in its advanced manufacturing and quality control processes. The company manufactures in its 81,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility, located in Costa Mesa, California. Utilizing a compliment of demand planning, parts procurement, operations and logistics, computer-controlled precision assembly, and rigorous testing and control, the QSC facility is designed with build-to-order flexibility, giving the company unprecedented ability to respond to customer needs while keeping both parts and finished goods inventory at well-maintained levels. Select partners in Asia provide additional manufacturing.
Located on 51,000 square f...eet of office space on the same campus as the manufacturing facility are the QSC Corporate Offices, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support and Service. Additionally, QSC has offices in Boulder, Colorado and Hong Kong, with sales and support staff located throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. QSC maintains a local warehouse and distribution facility in Costa Mesa, with other facilities in Tennessee, Belgium and China.
Employing over 400 people, QSC is also widely recognized as a great place to work, attracting the best and brightest individuals from all over the world. The company strives to provide a casual and fun work environment where people are genuinely excited to bring forth their best and let their talent shine.
QSC offers its employees an exceptional benefits package, further enhancing its ability to attract and maintain talent, and is a 6-time recipient of the Orange County Register’s “Best Place to Work” award.