Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties :
The Maintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, is responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. The Maintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, must work under normal day to day conditions as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal. The Maintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, may perform other duties of a special nature as directed by the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Trouble shoots and repairs electric beds; television basic problems; nurse call systems.
2. Repairs plumbing and clears stoppages; resetting of fire alarm systems; identifies and repairs fire and smoke walls; operating room electric equipment; equipment common to the hospital kitchen and environmental service department.
3. Electrical repairs to portable non medical equipment.
4. Repairs medical gas outlets in patient rooms.
5. Replaces building interior lighting as needed and resetting of circuit breakers.
6. Assists with vendor selection for new equipment based on departmental needs.
Minimum Education and Experienc e:
High school diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate's Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable.
Training and experience: must have 3 4 years experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least one year experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.