The Website Designer, under general supervision, is responsible for the design and maintenance of websites.
- Use various scripting languages and media creation tools to design and maintain the university website, web applications, and digital signage content, while complying with all federal, state, and institutional requirements; including brand and accessibility standards.
- Monitor existing web content for usage, accuracy, and accessibility compliance; coordinate corrections with university stakeholders and internal team members as needed; and provide reports related to accessibility and analytics to stakeholders at all levels.
- Consult with university departments and student organizations to gather content materials used to create and maintain the university website, extension websites, and other digital media.
- Train and support faculty, staff, and students in the use of web content management and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials related to those systems.
- Research and recommend web applications for use in the academic and business environments, to include applications, plugins, and APIs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, such as serving on governance committees, representing the institution at professional conferences, etc.
Education and Experience:
-Associateâ™s degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Some experience in website design and programming.
â¢ 2 or more years experience in web design.
â¢ Advanced certification in web design, design tools, or web scripting languages.
â¢ Experience with Google Analytics and Google Web Master Tools.
â¢ Experience with Content Management Systems (Cascade) and associated APIs.
â¢ Experience in technical writing or copy editing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
Strong understanding of web accessibility standards, to include Section 508 and WCAG 2.0. Experience using assistive technologies for testing a plus.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Hours: Flexible Hours. Up to 19.5 hours per week.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Internal Number: R-021885
About Texas A&M University - Central Texas
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is an upper-level university offering junior and senior-level coursework needed to successfully complete baccalaureate degrees and all coursework leading to the completion of graduate degrees. The University is committed to high quality, rigorous, and innovative learning experiences, and prepares students for lifelong learning through excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship.
BACK TO TOP
SMPTE Career Central is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else SMPTE has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at SMPTE Career Central.