Encompass is a global technology services company focused on supporting broadcast, cable and digital leaders. We design, implement and operate reliable video solutions that capture, process and deliver our clients’ video content from any source, in any format, to any destination in the most efficient manner possible.
• The Supervisor, Operations provides technical support to the Network Operations Management team and Broadcast Coordinators. Ensures that quality technical service is provided twenty-four hours a day and that all procedures of the network/ area are executed. Maintains daily technical operations needs and assists with staff management within Network Operations.
• Ensures that specified technical procedures and company policies are being satisfied.
• Responsible for maintenance of operations-based server functions including maintaining server space, purging inactive material, and general media management.
• Prioritizes daily Media needs.
• Assists in managing the Broadcast Coordinator staff; to include scheduling, training, and disciplinary action, etc.
• Assists with technical training initiatives to ensure all staff members have an understanding of systems and hardware within Network Operations.
• Responsible for patching, routing, transcoding and operating pertinent equipment in the Network Operations area.
• Assists with creating SOP for new processes and workflows.
• Reports all on-air discrepancies promptly to Manager and Senior Managers
• Able to perform Live On-Air duties in relation to event/operator coverage, when necessary.
• Assumes day to day operations for networks and provides management support in the absence of their fellow managers.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Master Control or Broadcast environment.
• Technical proficiency and operational knowledge of all systems and hardware within network environment.
• Must have ability to deploy staff in strategic manner to support high profile and live events.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Operational management experience, preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred
Encompass Digital Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. M/F/Disability/Veteran
Internal Number: 17621
About Encompass Digital Media
Encompass is a global technology services company focused on supporting broadcasters (television and radio), cable networks and OTT service providers. We design, implement and operate reliable video solutions that capture, process and deliver our clients’ video content from any source, in any format, to any destination in the most efficient manner possible.
As a leader in comprehensive, end-to-end video solutions, Encompass owns and operates broadcast facilities throughout Argentina (Buenos Aires), Asia (Singapore), U.K. (London and Woofferton) and U.S.A. (Atlanta, Minneapolis, New York Metro). Specializing in full-time playout and live ad-hoc transmission services, the company is a global gateway for moving media throughout EMEA, Latin America, Pacific Rim and U.S.A. Encompass services 1,200 channels, delivering content in a variety of languages throughout Western and Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. In addition to linear networks, Encompass provides an array of non-linear services including VOD, OTT and live streaming. Through the company’s Global Interconnect Fiber Platform, clients have the ability to manage, transport, archive and restore digital files to n...umerous platforms in various formats that can move from facility-to-facility or to any destination worldwide within a seamless workflow.
Premier services include channel playout, global distribution, OTT solutions, live events, disaster recovery and radio.