The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering project, including - system design, sales support in customer consultation, needs analysis, research, CAD, VISO, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement, site surveys, kick-off meetings, etc. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director and collaborate with design/purchasing and sales teams on design projects. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
Given the varied nature of our business and the design work we perform, the design engineer must also be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of programming and the ability to use software tools. The candidate needs to be able to:
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology
- Create & manage evolving projects.
- Technical oversight and design questions during integration & commissioning
- 4+ years of AV Engineering experience designing
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of AV/Media systems, products, and integration techniques
- A solid foundation in networking and IT requirements
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD (preferred) or able to communicate all design details to CAD through other means (Visio, etc.)
- MS Office – The ability able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio proficiently without training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the demeanor to develop trusted relationships with our customers
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director