Transmission Maint Engineer 1
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Transmission Maint Engineer 1 for the ESS - Transmission Engineering department.
- The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical operation support for satellite and fiber optic television transmissions from internal and external event locations for both live & taped events.
- This includes all aspects of transmission equipment set-up, operation, signal acquisition, quality control & enhancement, distribution, and identification and removal of possible disruptive components within the transmission path and signal stream.
- This position is also responsible for basic maintenance support including installation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and interacting with vendors to repair transmission related equipment, including satellite receivers and decoders, satellite antenna systems, frame synchronizers, routers, MPEG and RF analyzers, computer network management systems, etc…
- This position requires highly technical operations skills, basic electronic maintenance skills, and computer operation skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computer networking. Position must also be familiar with ASI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, JPEG 2000, QPSK, 8PSK, DVB and DVB-S2 compression/modulation formats.
- Must also have a working knowledge of digital video and various digital audio formats. Must possess basic troubleshooting skills.
- Position must have the ability to work under constantly changing levels of pressure.
- A two year engineering degree (or equivalent work experience in a television engineering field).
- 3 years of live event technical operations experience.
- Understanding of satellite transmission technologies.
- Understanding of digital video and audio signals.
- Understanding of computer operation and connectivity
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.