Job Number: R50016358
Job Type: Engineering
Maintains and installs equipment at the studio and transmitter facility, provides broadcast engineering support for all news and production operations, assists and trains operators, collaborates on projects varying in scale
- Collaborate with engineering management to identify technical needs, design workflows/systems, and implement solutions
- Collaborate with engineering peers and contribute to the maintenance, operation, and documentation of broadcast, production, and distribution systems
- Implement and maintain process standards for deployment, and develop support documentation for operations personnel as needed
- Respond to, communicate, manage, and track on-air technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate the troubleshooting process to peers
- Knowledge of computer networking, hardware and software maintenance, and virtual computing platforms
- Understanding of the requirements of a 24/7/365 live news operation
- Strong working knowledge of all components related to the transmission system, including electrical, cooling systems, encoders, exciters, antennas, and other related RF equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in either radio or television – operational familiarity with multiple NRCS, NLE, and automation platforms considered a plus
- Desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with various disciplines and personalities
- Must be a licensed driver in good standing
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as needed
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in broadcast system and equipment maintenance. Four-year technical degree in electronics preferred; equivalent education/military/experience/training is acceptable. SBE, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, or similar industry certifications considered a plus. Previous experience or familiarity with the use of AutoCAD software is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.