Information Technology Manager
GPB is seeking an Information Technology Manager to join their growing Technology Team and to lead their statewide IT operations. This candidate will work with colleagues to troubleshoot systems, support operations, evaluate new technologies and implement next generation solutions for GPB’s statewide operation of radio, television, and digital content delivery platforms. We are looking for a candidate that is energized by the opportunity to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows. The ideal candidate must enjoy discussing or explaining complex systems with non-technical peers and be an ambitious self-starting technical innovator and IT professional with a passion for television and film production. The ideal candidate will be adept at communicating highly technical topics with teammates, management, and clients. The IT Manager reports to the GPB Director of Technology.
· Leads the technical project management for GPB’s statewide IT operations and serves as the subject matter expert for all IT projects.
· Manages and mentors IT Help Desk team and works collaboratively with Broadcasting Engineering, Production and Digital (Development) teams.
· Represents GPB IT to colleagues and clients, both internal and external and collaborates with peers and partners throughout the organization.
· Manage technical processes, resource allocation and timeline adherence for IT projects.
· Manage procurements and lifecycles for IT assets.
· Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
· Minimum 5 years of supervisory and administrative experience in Information Technology or Systems/Network Administration
· Experience working in television, radio, production or film is preferred. Industry certifications preferred.
· Possess expert level knowledge of computer network and server infrastructure and how broadcasting workflows can be enhanced using these technologies.
· Must have extensive experience managing critical IT systems, applications and networks.
· Ability to collaborate and lead a culture of customer service and communicate efficiently with varying disciplines and personalities for both the internal and external customer.
· Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in radio or television and experience working in a live broadcast environment.
· Operational familiarity with multiple NRCS/NRPS, NLE and automation platforms.
· Capable of working and communicating in a live broadcast environment; especially, under pressure and with respect of the urgency of live environments.
· Able to comprehend and articulate technical documentation, have strong technical troubleshooting skills, and the ability to articulate a troubleshooting process to stakeholders.
· Systems administration experience with hypervisors and VMs.
· Network administration experience with Cisco or similar switching and routing technologies.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled