Director- Broadcast Operations
Marquee Sports Network is the television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago’s exclusive network to view live Cubs games featuring extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Director - Broadcast Operations to help manage the complexities of a live TV network environment. The Director - Broadcast Operations will report to the SVP Broadcast Operations and will assist in the overall technical management of the facility and studio operation. As such, candidate must have knowledge of broadcast technical facilities both in studio and remote. This person must be an exceptional project manager with attention to detail, highly organized, strong communicator with the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will be a self-starter who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and accomplish tasks in a multi-faceted environment.
- Work with production coordinator on daily schedules and technical assignments for in studio and remote studio productions
- Reviews all 3rd party operations invoices for accuracy to ensure proper billing for services rendered.
- Tracks departmental expenses related to remote studio and game productions
- Creates and distributes tech books for all remote productions including Cubs games, remote studio productions and others as needed.
- Provides internal management coverage for Cubs games along with other Directors in department
- Hires, and assigns all technical managers for remotes, Cubs games and studio. Tech manages games and or studio remotes as back up when necessary.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director Technical Operations in overseeing technical facilities and personnel for studio productions and remote studio productions.
- Generates and distributes technical operations department staff schedule with SVP
- Work with SVP Broadcast Operations on budget allocations for facility and operational expenses.
- Develop and implement cost reduction, work simplification and method improvement programs.
- Manage security team including preparing and adjusting work schedules in accordance with staffing needs.
- Effectively interact with department heads as needed for special projects with SVP
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in broadcast environment
- 3-5 years of experience in technical management
- Experience in studio and remote operations
- Knowledge of TV technology
- Willingness to work nights, weekends holidays as schedule will revolve around Cubs calendar and all live sports and entertainment programming
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with expert and lay audiences.
- Able and willing to take on special projects and assume new responsibilities.
- Effective time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and on a team.
- Ability to contribute to planning and strategic thinking.