The Maslow Media Group is the nationally recognized Workforce Solutions provider for Broadcast Media and Information Technology talent. Headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, MMG is your preferred partner for Media and IT Contingent Staffing, Executive Search, Managed Services and Employer of Record (EOR)/paymaster solutions.
We are currently searching for a Network Engineer to fill a full-time role with a worldwide outsourced production partner supporting premier content producers of live sports, entertainment, music, and corporate events.
This position is located the Dallas, TX Metro Area.
About the Opportunity
The Network Engineer will lead the daily activities of our datacenter infrastructure supporting multiple remote (de-centralized) productions in a SMPTE 2100 Environment. You will provide IT/IP support, setup and troubleshooting in live production environments.
- Serve as technical expert in supporting the core IP based infrastructure for the datacenter.
- Coordinate with NOC, problem solve and troubleshoot network connectivity issues in a WAN and/or LAN environment.
- Support, monitor, and troubleshoot technical workflows from the datacenter to client and control rooms.
- Bring expertise in WAN/LAN networking workflows and familiarity with the WAN/LAN production supply-chain.
- Complete technical reports for each event to ensure equipment needs/issues are met and resolved.
- Communicate efficiently with client technical and operational contacts to ensure on-air success.
- Assist with providing technical support for new builds and system upgrades, in cooperation with the Engineering, IT and Systems Integration teams.
- Be ready and willing to advise and suggest on IP technical workflows that can enhance productivity and workflow efficiency.
- Assist with Network security protocols and permission-based access to a variety of production equipment and monitoring software.
- 5+ years of experience working in television production technology.
- Ability to work in and understand SMPTE 2110 environments, familiarity with IP workflows.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
- Ability to interface with clients and provide a high level of service and support.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high stress production environment on a daily basis.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
Education & certification requirements:
- Technical or B.S./Electronics field or Engineering preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
What’s in it for you:
- Join a company that offers challenging and rewarding careers where your efforts will be recognized and rewarded.
- An opportunity to work with experienced leaders who provide the tools and training necessary for you to contribute to the continued success of the organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K.
Since our founding in 1988 The Maslow Media Group has grown to become the Workforce Solutions leader in Media (Maslow Media) and IT (Intelligent Quality Solutions/IQS) verticals, aiding fortune 100 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, technology, and broadcasting organizations. As an Employer of Record (EOR) in all 50 states, MMG can hire, train, recruit, and employ the talent required to ensure our client’s meet their corporate growth goals.
The Maslow Media Group is committed to equal employment opportunity for all workers regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.