System Integration Engineer
The Maslow Media Group is the nationally recognized Workforce Solutions provider for Broadcast Media and Information Technology talent. Headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, MMG is your preferred partner for Media and IT Contingent Staffing, Executive Search, Managed Services and Employer of Record (EOR)/paymaster solutions.
We are currently searching for a System Integration Engineer to fill a full-time role with a worldwide outsourced production partner supporting premier content producers of live sports, entertainment, music, and corporate events.
This position is located the Pittsburgh, PA Metro Area.
About the Opportunity
The System Integration Engineer will provide engineering and design support to the Systems Integration team by configuring, testing, organizing, and standing up a project at a facility to meet client requirements and operate to Company standards.
- Work with the Director, Project Manager, Technical Supervisor, Mechanical Supervisor to plan projects according to schedule within tight deadlines and implement them efficiently and cost effectively.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to deliver industry-leading production systems.
- Work closely with Engineers, Design, Mechanical and Technical staff during various project planning stages.
- Provide setup, configuring and testing of broadcast equipment (i.e., routers, switches, audio consoles, DA's, multi-viewers, IT systems, intercoms, etc.) for use in upcoming projects.
- Perform IT configuration on all systems needed such as facility computers and production system base files.
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation for existing and future projects, including documentation needed by the design team.
- Setup and maintain test gear, workstations, portable test racks, working test cables, test adapters, functioning audio and video monitoring equipment for testing and troubleshooting.
- Test, configure, clean, and organize equipment for specified projects.
- Wire test small projects as needed for fly packs and other possible facilities.
- Develop and maintain workflows to streamline project processes.
- Mentor and train apprentice and temporary help, as well we assisting engineers at systems integration or other facilities.
- 5+ years of experience working in television production technology with progressive managerial responsibility.
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge of broadcast technology, equipment, facilities, and production systems used by major commercial and cable television networks. Formats include high-definition, UHD, HDR, and IP equipment based on SMPTE 2110.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of commonly used coding languages for custom applications and AutoCAD Suite seen as a plus.
- Basic troubleshooting skills for 3 phase power systems and HVAC systems.
- May require travel to various site locations during projects and installations.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with others in various settings while providing a high level of service and support.
Education & certification requirements:
- Technical or B.S./Electronics field or Engineering preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
What’s in it for you:
- Join a company that offers challenging and rewarding careers where your efforts will be recognized and rewarded.
- An opportunity to work with experienced leaders who provide the tools and training necessary for you to contribute to the continued success of the organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K.
Since our founding in 1988 The Maslow Media Group has grown to become the Workforce Solutions leader in Media (Maslow Media) and IT (Intelligent Quality Solutions/IQS) verticals, aiding fortune 100 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, technology, and broadcasting organizations. As an Employer of Record (EOR) in all 50 states, MMG can hire, train, recruit, and employ the talent required to ensure our client’s meet their corporate growth goals.
The Maslow Media Group is committed to equal employment opportunity for all workers regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We pride ourselves on the ability to quickly evolve and respond to shifting market conditions by creating scalable, predictable, high-quality solutions. For more information, visit us at:
www.maslowmedia.com and www.iqs-corp.com