Network Systems Technician
Who are we hiring?
The Network Systems Technician is an important bridge between the Entertainment Technology, Playback, Post Production, and in-venue teams at Sphere Studios. This role supports the networking, setup, interoperation, and maintenance of review and playback systems used by the Studios and Venue teams. Ideal candidates will have experience setting up and operating video, audio, and IP networks to support playback systems such as VR headsets, Hyperdecks and media servers, audio systems, and traditional PC-based content playback. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience with live event protocols such as ST-2110, SDI, Genlock, PTP, DMX, Artnet, Dante, NDI, OSC, etc. The Network Systems Technician serves as the hands-on support for all networking and setup needs for the Studio’s playback, review, and testing systems.
What will you do?
• Help facilitate equipment installation, cabling, integration, and training on media and control networks for playback and review systems in Burbank and Las Vegas.
• Support the setup and configuration of all testing, playback, and review systems to assure interoperation and required network access.
• Follow procedures to properly identify, troubleshoot and restore media network interruptions,
• Work with Playback and Studio Tech departments to identify future requirements and shepherd them all the way to implementation to assure the speedy and correct configuration of all required media networking inside the ecosystem.
• Provide on the ground technical support for teams that may be working remotely and require access to playback or review systems.
• Work with Core Pipeline to support automation for distributing content over Studio networks.
What do you need to succeed?
• 3+ years prior related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is preferred.
• Competitive, self-driven, self-motivated, goal oriented and confident individual.
• In-depth industry knowledge of networking hardware and media standards.
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and written and oral communication skills.
Why is MSG for me?
With MSG Sphere, we are creating an entirely new medium that will deliver immersive entertainment experiences at an unparalleled scale. Beyond a venue, Sphere is a multi-sensory platform with experiential technology programming directly to your senses. You will see in ways never imagined, hear with every fiber of your being, and experience like never before. To deliver on this promise, we are building the largest immersive venue in the world, MSG Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas, with a second Sphere venue planned for London, pending necessary approvals. To create immersive experiences, and content unique to Sphere, we are growing our full stack creative, experience, design, production and engineering team across our Burbank studio in Los Angeles and Ventures headquarters in New York.
We focus on Career Development and Invest in YOU
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees’ talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top priorities here.
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. #LI-DW1