Studio Supervisor & Graphics Systems Lead
The Studio Supervisor/Graphics Systems Lead is an in-the-moment, real-time position responsible for crewing different kinds of television productions and operating different types of television production equipment. This person also coordinates and supervises the work of studio personnel, both in-studio and on remote productions. This dynamic, creative position will lead the use of Ross Xpression character generators and will collaborate with the design department to implement their graphic vision, as well as facilitate the transfer of data from Ross Inception into the Ross Xpression. This is a fast paced job that works both independently and collaboratively with show directors, producers, other station departments and team members. Some night/weekend work is occasionally required. Reports to the Studio Production Manager.
Coordinates and supervises the work of studio personnel, studio and remote productions, and the crews who are assigned. Coordinates and implements equipment and lighting set up at production sites, operates production equipment, and trains students and staff on equipment use. May perform studio and location lighting design work.
- 15% Coordinates studio and location production elements and supervises the crews assigned
- 5% Assists with implementation of the unit personnel resource allocation plan including hiring and training part-time production crew
- 15% Participates in and supervises work of the crew conducting set-up and strike of studio and location production elements including staging, lighting instruments, and various production equipment
- 20% Operates video and audio production equipment used in studios and with the remote production truck
- 5% Conducts routine inventory of studio gear, lights, and lighting equipment and recommends upgrades and replacement
- 10% Designs and directs the artistic and technically proper lighting of studio and location productions
- 10% May serve as representative of the production team to internal and external clients
- 10% Operate Character Generator tools to provide live, real time graphics support for studio production and remote video production recordings
- 10% Build and maintain broadcast graphics template pages in accordance with the Design Department's vision
- Develop and maintain the data automation systems to populate the broadcast graphics
- Develop and document training programs for broadcast graphics operators
- Conduct routine inventory of broadcast graphics systems for review and recommendation